This class format is OSHA, Government, and Workplace Compliant with the same certification as an in-person classroom.
As a AHA Heartsaver Instructor, an individual can teach all classes which include:
- Heartsaver CPR/AED
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED
- HeartSaver Pediatric First Aid CPR/AED
- Heartsaver for K-12 Schools
- Heartsaver First Aid Only
- HeartSaver Bloodborne Pathogens
You will also be able to:
- Teach Heartsaver courses at your place of employment or outside work teaching individual classes.
- Ability to issue certification cards to students
- Post your classes on the AHA class locator
- Teach anywhere in the US
Steps for the class:
1. Have a current AHA Heartsaver Provider certification. You can add this when registering if you don't have one.
This certification must be valid at the time of taking the instructor class. Expired certification cards can not be accepted. A Red Cross certification or other non-AHA certifications are not accepted when becoming an AHA Heartsaver Instructor.
2. Complete the AHA Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Online Course - this will be set up at registration.
3. Heartsaver Instructor Manual & Heartsaver Student Provider Manual is Included.
4. Attend the Heartsaver Instructor's Course. Must be done In-Person
Once you become an instructor, we will provide ongoing support for your future classes.
At registration, you will receive further instructions and information.
Feel free to call us with any questions you may have or register by phone. 800-808-9240
FAQS about becoming an Instructor
American Red Cross Classes
American Heart Association Classes