This class format is OSHA, Government, and Workplace Compliant with the same certification as an in-person classroom.
This course is also known as "BLS for Healthcare Providers"
Steps for the class:
1. Register and choose a date and time for your live zoom hands-on skills portion.
2. We email you a link to complete the online HeartCode portion of this class.
3. We ship class supplies and a prepaid return label to you before the zoom meeting.
4. We connect over zoom to complete the hands-on skills portion of the class on the day and time you select below.
5. You will receive a full AHA BLS Provider certification valid for two years.
Location: Your Location - Home or Business via ZOOM Meeting
Price Includes: HeartCode BLS online portion, online student manual, Zoom skills check, and your AHA BLS card.
Who should take this course?
This BLS course is a full course designed toward those who work in the healthcare field, such as nurses or nursing students, dentists, pharmacists, and EMTs. Although, anyone may take this course. Topics covered will be geared toward those in a healthcare environment and includes situations for adults, children and infants which include the following:
• Chain of survival
• BLS for adults
• The framework for CPR
• High-Performance Rescue Teams
• Main Components of CPR
• Adult BLS Algorithm for Healthcare Providers
• CPR techniques, including how to use a pocket mask and bag-mask device
• 2 rescuer BLS
• Team dynamics
• BLS for children and infants
• AED use for adults, children and infants
• Opioid treatment
• Choking relief for adults, children and infants
The BLS Course focuses on what you need to know to perform high-quality CPR in a wide variety of settings. You will also learn how to respond to choking and other types of life-threatening emergencies.
After successfully completing the BLS Provider Course, you should be able to:
• Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival.
• Describe all the steps in the Chains of Survival.
• Apply the BLS concepts of the Chains of Survival.
• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR.
• Perform high-quality CPR for an adult, a child, and an infant.
• Describe the importance of early use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
• Demonstrate the appropriate use of an AED.
• Provide effective ventilation by using a barrier device.
• Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation.
• Perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR.
• Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an adult, a child, and an infant.
You will receive an American Heart Association certification valid for two years. You will receive an email from the American Heart Association with your certificate.
To register for the Skills Check Only go to:
American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider Skills Check Only
Become an AHA Instructor:
American Red Cross Classes
American Heart Association Classes